NAINITAL IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HILL STATION IN INDIA ABOUT 6346FT. ABOVE SEA LEVEL . SINCE 1842 NAINITAL WAS VISITED BY THE CHAPLAIN OF BAREILLY AS IT WAS APART OF AGRA VICARIATE . IN 1878 , IT WAS DETACHED FROM AGRA AND ATTACHED TO THE DIOCESE OF ALLAHABAD . THE "LAKE CHAPEL" WAS FIRST BUILT IN 1868 AND THEN ENLARGED IN 1882-1884. FR.ENGELBERT, OFM .CAP. FOUNDED ST. JOSEPH'S SEMINARY(NOW ST.JOSEPH'S COLLEGE)IN1887.IN 1878, SISTERS OF THE INSTITUTE OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY (IBMV)NOW KNOWN AS CONGREGATION OF JESUS (C.J) BOUGHT 26 ACRES OF LAND (RAMNEE PARK)AND BEGAN A SCHOOL THERE . ST. JOSEPH'S COLLEGE AT NAINITAL WAS OPENED IN 1988 BY THE CAPUCHINS AND HANDED OVER TO IRISH CHRISTIAN BROTHERS ON 22ND APRIL 1892 .IN THE COURSE OF TIME CATHOLICS LIVING AND SERVING THE EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS IN AND AROUND RAMNEE PARK FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO ATTEND THE SUNDAY SERVICE AT ST.FRANCIS CHURCH , MALL ROAD ,HENCE THE NEED AROSE OF HAVING A SEPARATE PARISH ,i.e. ST.FRANCIS HOME PARISH .THIS WAS DECREED IN THE YEAR 1994.
TANAKPUR Tanakpur is a terminus to the hills . It is placed on the border of Nepal in Champawat district. There are a few catholic families settled here There was a strong need to open a mission station here to cater to the spiritual needs and for other evangelization works On the invitation of Bishop Anthony Fernandes the Malabar MIssionary Brotheres of St. Francis opened this mission station in 1996 under the leader ship of Bro.Bastin Karuvelil They were staying in a rented house A plot of land was bought in 1997 A temporary residence for the Brothers was constructed in 1998 In the same year they opened a school in a shed The offecial opening of the school and the blessing of the foundation stone of the same was on 22nd july 1998 It was completed and inaugurated on 26 th October 1999 Order of St.Francis (OSF) Sisters began helping the MMB brothers in the educational ministry in 2012 Fr. Pascal Lobo was the first resident Priest The coming of the sisters of Little Flower Bethany has stimulated the mission work of this area Aplot of land was purchased for the convent heatlh centre and social work
TILHAR TILHAR IS A TAHSIL OF SHAHJAHANPUR DISTRICT .THIS MISSION STATION WAS A PART OF SHAHJAHANPUR PARISH BISHOP ANTHONY FERNANDES INVITED THE PRIESTS OF INDIAN MISSIONARY SOCIETY FOR EVANGELIZARION OF THIS AREA ON 14TH AUGUST 1994 BISHOP ANTHONY INAUGURATED THIS MISSION AND NAMED IT MARIA DHAM FR. ANIMANAND WAS THE PIONEER OF THIS STATION A SCHOOL WAS ESTABLISHED IN 2007 AND SISTERS OF SMSM CONGREGATION JOINED THE IMS FATHERS IN 2011 TO TAKE CARE OF THE EDUCATIONAL MINISTRY IN JULY 1996 SISTERS OF THE CONGREGATION OF THE QUEEN OF THE APOSTLES OPENED A COMMUNITY BOTH THE PRIEST AND THE SISTERS HAVE STARTED THE MISSION IN RIGHT EARNEST AND THEY ARE CONTACTING PEOPLE IN VARIOUS VILLAGES OF TILHAR