AMARIYA /KAILASH COLONY SISTERS OF THE CONGREGATION OF DAUGHTERS OF THE HEART OF MARY FROM BOMBAY PROVINCE WERE INVITED IN 1995 TO THE DIOCESE FOR DEVELOPMENT AND EDUCATION OF ILLITERATE GIRLS AND WOMEN AND TO STRENGTHEN AND GIVE NEW ORIENTATION TO THE MINISTRY OF ADULT ILTERACY ORGANIZING THE RURLA WOMEN FOR SELF - HELP PROJECTS .IN THE BEGINNING SR.AGNES ALONE WORKED STAYING AT SOCIAL SEVICE CENTRE KATHGODAM,ORGANIZING THE WORK AT AMARIYA BLOCK LATER TWO MORE SISTERS JOINED HER AND BEGAN STAYING AT A RENTED HOUSE AT AMARIYA TILL THE PRESENT LAND WAS PURCHASED AND THE HOUSE WAS BUILT WHICH WAS BLESSED ON 3RD OF JULY 2002 TO TRAIN THE ILLITERATE GIRLS AND TO ORGANIZE WOMEN'S GROUPS AND THEIR TRAINING. A NEW TRAINING CENTER WAS BUILT AND WAS BLESSED ON 19NTH OF DECEMBER 2002. FR.CHARLES FALLEIRA WAS APPOINTED AS THE FIRST RESIDENT PRIEST WHO WAS STAYING IN A RENTED HOUSE AND CATERED TO THE PASTORAL NEEDS AT AMARIYA AND KAILASH COLONY WHICH WAS CARVED FROM DAHA FARM PARISH IN 2012.PRIEST'S HOUSE WAS BUILT IN 2014 .ON 5TH JUNE2015 MOST REV.DR.IGNATIUS D' SOUZA LAID THE FOUNDATION STONE OF ST.MARY'S SCHOOL FOR THE EDUCATION OF THE NEIGHBOURS.
It was a long awaited desire of Bishop Anthony Fernandes to begin a new mission station in the District headquarters of Bageshwar. After a long lookout a piece of land was purchased on 13th of August 2010 with four room existing building. For about a year the jesuits stayed in the house and looked after the station.Fr. John King Bharat was posted there as the first Parish priest of Bageshwar in 2013. A School and Parish house are being planned. Construction work would commence by the end of September 2015
BAHERI IT WAS A LONG FELT NEED TO OPEN A SITUATION AT BAHERI WHICH IS LOCATED 45 KM. FROM BARIELY THIS WAS REALIZED IN 1993 WITH THE ARRIVAL OF THE SISTERS OF URSULINES OF ST FRANCIS. A SCHOOL IS OPENED TO CATER TO THE NEEDS OF THE SURROUNDING PEOPLE. THEY ALSO ENGAGE THEM SELVES IN CONDUCTING NON FORMAL EDUCATION TO THE CHILDREN AND ADULTS IN THE VILLAGES. THIS MISSION STATION WAS ORGINALLY NAMED ASSISI CHURCH AND EXISTED AS THE OUTSTATION OF DOHNA PARISH FROM 1993 TO 1999. NOW IT IS ESTABLISHED AS AN INDEPENDENT PARISH WITH THE APPOINTMENT OF FR.JOSEPH PASCAL LOBO AS ITS RESIDENTIAL PIONEERING PARISH PRIEST.NEW PRESBYTERY WITH ATTACHED CHURCH WAS BLESSED AND INAUGURATED BY BISHOP ANTHONY FERNANDES ON 08.08.1999. EVER SINCE IT IS RENAMED AS HOLY CROSS CHURCH. A WELL-EQUIPPED DISPENSARY HAS BEEN STARTED BY THE SISTERS WHICH CATERS TO THE NEEDS OF THE LOCAL PEOPLE
BAILPARAO FR .AGIDIUS THE PARISH PRIEST OF ADRIANPUR, DHAMOLA BOUGHT THE MISSION LAND OF BAILPARAO AND SETTLED 8 PUNJABI CATHOLIC FAMILIES TILL 1973 BAILPARAO MISSION WAS TAKEN CARE OF FROM DHAMOLA. FR.J.B.MASCARENHAS ,THE RESIDENTIAL PRIEST OPENED A SCHOOL IN BAILPARAO IN 1973-IN1974 ANOTHER TWO ACRES OF LAND WAS PURCHASED WHERE THE PRESENT CHURCH PARISH HOUSE, CONVENT AND SCHOOL EXIST. FROM 1976 TO 1987 THE HOLY CROSS SISTERS OF AMARAVATI PROVINCE WERE HELPING THE PARISH PRIEST IN HIS PASTORAL AND EDUCATIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES. SINCE 1987 THE U.M.I SISTERS HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP IN THIS MISSION.
BANA Bana Mission comprises of three villages - Luchisani, Bana and Mona.It is located in the heart of Kumaon forest,about ten miles from Nainital . It is an Old Catholic mission station since the time of Bishop Francis Pesci,Ofm,Cap.Due to the hardships of the place, many Christians had sold off their land and abandoned the place. In 1928, Fr.Livesay saved the mission by buying back the land from the Hindu owners. A stable at Luchisani was converted into a Parish House. The wooden Chapel Of Bana was converted into a large Church in 1936 Later in 1947, a parish house was built there, The parish Priest of Jeolikote Mission take care of the pastoral needs of people of Bana.
BANDA The presence of a Church at Banda was a long felt need. It is situated about sixty kms. away from Shahjahanpur and it is the central place for two interior mission stations at Pipriya and Bambi. Bambi, which was visiting station from shahjahanpr has been attached to Banda A piece of land was purchased to construct the church and the parish house. Fr.Julian D'souza was appointed as the first parish of Banda FSM Sisters were invited to render their services at the place A dispensary was built and it was inaugurated in October 2002. On 19th May 2015 Most Rev.Dr.Ignatius D' Souza laid the foundation stone of St.John's School for the education of the neighbours.
ORIGINALLY, BAREILLY BELONGED TO THE AGRA PROVINCE. THE CHURCH DEDICATED TO ST. ALPHONSUS DE LIGOURY WAS BLESSED FOR THE DIVINE SERVICE ON THE 4th OF DECEMBER 1868 BY REV FR. ALPHONSUS MARY, O.C, CHANDAUSI AND SHAHJHANPUR WERE VISITING STATIONS FROM THIS CHURCH. THE SACRED CONGREGATION OF PROPAGATION OF FAITH ATTACHED IT TO THE DIOCESE OF LUCKNOW BY A DECREE DATED 8th NOVEMBER 1951. IN 1951, A PAROCHIAL SCHOOL WAS OPENED AND IT WAS HANDED OVER TO CANOSSIAN SISTER. WITH THE ERECTION OF BAREILLY DIOCESE IN 1989, THE CHURCH WAS ELEVATED TO THE STATUS OF THE CATHEDRAL CHURCH. THE OLD CHURCH WAS DEMOLISHED IN 2008 AND THE PRESENT NEW CATHEDRAL WAS CONSTRUCTED BY BISHOP ANTHONY FERNANDES, WHICH WAS BLESSED BY CARDINAL OSWALD GRACIAS, ARCHBISHOP OF MUMBAI, ON 20th APRIL, 2010 AND INAUGURATED BY HER EXCELLENCY, MRS. MARGARET ALVA, GOVERNOR OF UTTARAKHAND .ON THE SAME DAY GOD IN THE GARDEN "VACHAN VATIKA" WAS INAUGURATED IN THE AUSPICIOUS PRESENCE OF THE GOVERNOR, CARDINAL AND BISHOPS.
BAZPUR IN 1929, FR. PETER MARY OFM.CAP. WAS INVITED TO BAZPUR BY A METHODIST.AN NEW MISSION AT BAZPUR WAS OPENED IN 1929 WHICH WAS NAMED AS MARIAMPUR LATER ON.129 ACRES OF LAND WAS ACQUIRED AND THE PRESENT PRIEST'S HOUSE WAS BUILT ON THAT IN 1939 ON 8TH DECEMBER1958, THE LATE BISHOP CONRAD DE VITO HAD THE JOY OF BLESSING THE FIRST CHURCH BUILT IN HIS DIOCESE (LUCKNOW) AND DEDICATED IT TO OUR LADY. THE URSULINE SISTERS OF MARY IMMACULATE WERE INVITED TO START A SCHOOL TO RUN A HEALTH CENTRE AND TO ASSIST THE PRIEST IN PASTORAL AND MISSIONARY ACTIVITIES
BHOWALI MISSION IN BHOWALI BEGAN WAY BACK IN 1924 WITH A CHAPEL AT ROSARY VILLA IN 1948 IN EXCHANGE FOR ST.JOSEPH'S VILLA AT JEOLIKOTE, ROSSERY VILLA BECAME THE SEMINARY VILLA OF THE DIOCESE OF ALLAHABAD PRESENT SITEOF ST. GEMMA GALGANI CHURCH AND THE PARISH HOUSE WERE BLESSED ON 13TH MAY,1972. DE VITO SHISHU VIDYALAYA AT BHOWALI IS RUN BY THE ISTIRUTE OF THE MAIDS OF THE POOR AT BHIMTAL A SCHOOL AND A DISPENSARY WERE STARTED BY THE CONGREGATION OF THE QUEEN OF THE APOSTLES IN 1978 THE U.M.I SISTERS HAVE BEEN RUNNING A KINDERGARTEN SCHOOL AT ROSARY VILLA SINCE 1997 FROM JULY 1995 TO MARCH 1997 ,OCD FATHERS TOOK UP THE RESPONSIBILITY OF MISSION WORK HERE AT THE REQUEST OF BISHOP ANTHONY FERNANDES NOW PRIESTS OF INDIAN MISSIONAY SOCIETY CARRY ON THE MISSION WORK HERE
CHAMPAWAT IS A NEW DISTRICT IN UTTARAKHAND STATE,WHICH LIES IN BETWEEN PITHORAGARH AND THANKPUR. IT IS A BEAUTIFUL HILL STATION ON THE HIMALAYAN MOUNTAINS. BISHOP'S DREAM TO REACH OUT TO CHAMPAWAT HAS BEEN FULLFILLED BY THE ARRIVAL OF CMI FATHERS TO CHAMPAWAT DISTRICT IN THE YEAR 2003.FR. BINOJ WAS THE FIRST RESIDENT PRIEST TO LAND ON CHAMPAWAT TO DO THE PIONEERING WORK .A PIECE OF LAND HAS BEEN PURCHASED BY THE CMI FATHERS TO CARRY ON THE MISSIONERY WORK ON HILLS .THEY HAVE BUILT A SCHOOL AND FHGS SISTERS ARE GENEROUSLY ASSISTING IN THE EDUCATIONAL APOSTOLATE